Supreme Radio Apprenticeship Program-Your Ticket to a Great Career!
We are looking for candidates in the Peoria, Bloomington, Champaign, and Quad Cities areas!
Have you ever thought about who keeps mission critical communication systems operating? From police and other public safety to manufacturing and agriculture, we keep people talking!
- Have good grades
- Like working with computers
- Are good working with your hands
- Know how to study and are self-motivated
- Are a hard worker
- Won’t have any problems with our mandatory drug testing policy
- Have a valid driver’s license and a relatively clean driving record
Then you might be a great candidate for the Supreme Radio Apprenticeship Program!
What you'll get:
- Learn how to sell and service public safety level communications equipment from industry leading manufacturers such as Motorola and Vertex
- If you succeed, a job with a growing company that has been in business over 55 years
- The knowledge that every day, you will be providing vital support to 911 Emergency communication equipment, public safety, manufacturing, hospitals, businesses, agricultural operations, and many more entities who rely on our communication equipment to function
- No student debt, and we pay you!
- Benefits (health insurance, paid vacation, retirement plan)
- Van, tools, and other equipment provided once you reach a certain level of proficiency
Earn while you learn!
This is a 3 year program:
$12/hr to start for the first year, with yearly raises for years 2 and 3 based upon completion of training and certification
So what's the job-what does a Supreme Radio Sales Technician do?
- Design and sell communication systems to public safety, manufacturing, hotels, hospitals,farmers, service companies…anyone who has a need for reliable communications
- Repair and install communication systems and equipment into buildings and vehicles
- Provide essential communication knowledge support to our customers as needed-you will be the expert that your customer will look to when they have communication questions
- Our sales technicians are responsible for developing and taking care of the customer base in their assigned area, as well as providing support to other technicians/areas as needed.
How you will train:
- Your training will consist of on the job training, formal classes (some at our location, some at the manufacturer’s locations, and some at the local community college), and directed study that you do on your own time.
- For the on the job training, you will be training with Sales Technicians who have years of experience in the field, and will gain hands-on experience with the equipment
- There will be a lot to learn, and it will require a substantial time commitment from you to study on your own time.
- You will be paid for training that takes place during normal working hours, but not for the additional study you do on your own time.
- As you pass certain milestones, you will receive performance raises.
- As you progress, you will be expected to pass defined certifications and meet certain performance criteria in order to continue in the program.
- As you progress in your certifications and skills, you will be transitioned out into the field in your area, and will only return to the Peoria Heights location as needed.
What if I have questions?
Send any questions to:
How do I apply?
Send your cover letter and resume to: .
Also include your high school and/or college GPA, and list any math/computer/electronics/shop classes you have taken, as well as any additional classes that you think may have bearing on our decision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Telecom/Electronics Repair Technician
Job Requirements: We are looking for a telecommunications/electronic repair technician for our two-way radio repair facility. Associate's degree in electronics or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school, Certified Electronics Technician (CET) certification, FCC license, and/or electronic experience from the military are preferred. Familiarity with computer networking a plus. This is a full time position with benefits, including health insurance, paid vacation time, and retirement benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and look forward to hearing from you!Supreme Radio Communications, Inc.
Available: Immediately FT
To apply, please e-mail résumé to: